- This event has passed.
Please join FPF and our Honorary Co-Hosts, Senator Edward J. Markey and the Co-Chairs of the Congressional Bi-Partisan Privacy Caucus at the 8th Annual Privacy Papers for Policymakers.
This annual event to recognizes leading privacy research and analytical work that is relevant to policymakers in the United States Congress, at United States federal agencies, and for data protection authorities internationally.
The distinguished academic authors whose scholarship received the 2017 Annual Privacy Papers for Policymakers Award for best academic scholarship with practical real-world impact are:
- Solon Barocas, Assistant Professor, Department of Information Science at Cornell University
- Ryan Calo, Associate Professor of Law, University of Washington
- Woodrow Hartzog, Professor of Law and Computer Science, Northeastern University
- Elizabeth E. Joh, Professor of Law, U.C. Davis School of Law
- Karen Levy, Assistant Professor, Department of Information Science at Cornell University
- Paul M. Schwartz, Jefferson E. Peyser Professor of Law, Berkeley Law School
The event will open with remarks by FTC Commissioner Terrell McSweeny and conclude with a wine reception.
A print copy of the Privacy Papers for Policymakers publication will be distributed at the event, but you can also review summaries of the papers in advance.
The program will conclude with a reception. This event is free, open to the general public, and widely attended. Please register ASAP as space is limited. Visit the PPPM on FPF’s website for more information.