On December 12, 2017, FPF announced the winners of our 8th Annual Privacy Papers for Policymakers (PPPM) Award. This Award recognizes leading privacy scholarship that is relevant to policymakers in the United States Congress, at U.S. federal agencies, and for data protection authorities abroad. In this special issue of the Scholarship Reporter, you will find this […]
There are 6 articles in this issue.
- Artificial Intelligence Policy: A Primer and Roadmap
- Designing Against Discrimination in Online Markets
- Health Information Equity
- The Public Information Fallacy
- The Undue Influence of Surveillance Technology Companies on Policing
- Transatlantic Data Privacy Law
Building on our first issue, which discussed the various privacy challenges related to algorithmic accountability, Future of Privacy Forum’s Privacy Scholarship Reporter now turns its focus to thoughtful, academic considerations of the privacy challenges, and ethical data use considerations, of AI and Machine Learning. Artificial Intelligence is perhaps easier to intuitively grasp than to explicitly […]
There are 8 articles in this issue.
- Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Protection
- Exploring or Exploiting? Social and Ethical Implications of Autonomous Experimentation in AI
- Averting Robot Eyes
- Ethically Aligned Design
- Law and Regulation of Artificial Intelligence and Robots: Conceptual Framework and Normative Implications
- Machine Learning: The Power and Promise of Computers That Learn by Example
- Rethinking the Fourth Amendment in the Age of Supercomputers, Artificial Intelligence, and Robots
- Equality of Opportunity in Supervised Learning
Through academic, policy, and industry circles, making progress on the cluster of issues related to algorithmic accountability has become a leading priority. The inaugural issue of the Future of Privacy Forum’s Privacy Scholarship Reporter provides a clear and compelling look into some of the most worrisome problems and promising solutions.
There are 9 articles in this issue.
- The Ethics of Algorithms: Mapping the Debate
- Accountability for the Use of Algorithms in a Big Data Environment
- Accountable Algorithms
- Algorithmic Transparency via Quantitative Input Influence: Theory and Experiments with Learning Systems
- Data-Driven Discrimination at Work
- Using Deep Learning and Google Street View to Estimate the Demographic Makeup of the US
- Tackling the Algorithmic Control Crisis – the Technical, Legal, and Ethical Challenges of Research into Algorithmic Agents
- Why a Right to Explanation of Automated Decision Making Does Not Exist in the General Data Protection Regulation
- Exposure Diversity as a Design Principle for Recommender Systems